[Talk-GB] [Osmf-talk] OSM and Diversity

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 08:21:37 UTC 2017

Hi,

Yes - I find myself in the confusing position of being very grateful
for Kate's message, and for Fredrik's message.

This recent discussion originated in the talk-gb mailing list. Now
that OSM UK has been formed as a hub for UK-specific work
http://osmuk.org/ I've been wondering if that will enable us to do
proactive work such as initiatives with school students (as Stefan
mentions, though also inspired by the initiatives mentioned e.g. in
Kathleen's slides). I'm only a peripheral member of OSM UK though so I
can't claim to know the mind of its board, but it might be possible to
get funding to improve diversity in our UK community. (Another
inspiration from Kathleen's slides: find money, take some concrete
action.)

Best
Dan