[Talk-GB] Latest OS Opendata

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Wed Aug 9 17:13:44 UTC 2017

I have a rather strange explanation as to why Forestry Commission land
is not shown on the OS Open Greenspace dataset. OS Customer Services
have explained that they can't distinguish what woodland is Forestry
Commission from aerial imagery nor can they determine what the access is
from such imagery. This seems ridiculous but that is their answer.

I have updated the overlay [1] to change the colours, though I left the
outline red to help them stand out. I've added a layer selector and
turned the overlay off for low zoom levels (<12) to make scrolling work
better. I fixed a bug and remembered to add the OS attribution this time
too.

I think it still has some value as it stands.

Any more feedback will always be welcome.

Cheers, Chris (chillly)

[1] https://raggedred.net/greenspace