[Talk-GB] Multiple coincident boundary nodes. Data quality issue ?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 00:46:03 UTC 2017

Basic agreement with Colin.

The 'problem' is better described as 'data bloat' rather than 'quality'
which implies inaccuracy.

I add the following observation  ....
  I am beginning to see that the ways should have a source tag.
This then means that where ways are coincident that the sources can be
easily compared .. if the ways can be combined into one way then the
source is both of the previous ways sources unless there is an addition?
The inclusion of the source on the way helps others with a comprehension
of the accuracy of that way.
It also means that a relation can have ways from several sources and
that any editing of a way in that relation can easily have that editing
source added to the relevant way without mucking around with other
relevant source tags.