[Talk-GB] Select and correct a discovered key duplication of sorts in JOSM

Bob Hawkins bobhawkins at waitrose.com
Sat Aug 19 13:53:56 UTC 2017

I discovered to my dismay yesterday while I was adding/updating Public Rights of Way in JOSM that I have been using a mix of initial upper case and lower case alone for a key I created: ref:Chiltern_Society and ref:chiltern_society.  I have tried searches that will select Chiltern_Society, say, by using a ā€œCā€ in the search, for case sensitive, without success.  I have covered a large amount of South Oxfordshire with my additions and updates.  I have three questions, I guess:
1. how do I search this whole area of OSM in my search to know that all cases have been found?
2. what should the key be, now that I find myself in this situation: ref:Chiltern_Society or ref:chiltern_society?
3. what would be the best method of changing all deemed to be incorrect without carrying out changes singly?
I appreciate this matters not at all so far as the data is concerned.  Having discovered it, however, I should prefer not to have to live with it.  Furthermore, will the two keys remain in the list of keys displayed when adding or editing tags?

---