[Talk-GB] Queensferry Crossing

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Aug 30 09:26:02 UTC 2017

On 30/08/17 09:46, Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) wrote:

> On OSM, the bridge is mostly there, but some of the link roads at the
> north end are still marked as highway=construction. Does anyone have
> enough local knowledge to be able to fix these up correctly? There's a
> chance for a bit of publicity if OSM is the only mapping provider to
> have the bridge in place on the day it opens.

There seems to be come confusion over status as well - much of it has a
ref of M90 but is highway=trunk while the link road to the south has a
ref of A90 instead.

Meanwhile the old bridge was changed from A90 to A9000 last night but is
still part of a relation labelled A90 which may be what is causing the
labelling to flip back and forth or that might just be old tiles.

As best I can tell from wikipedia the new bridge is the M90 and under
motorway conditions with the old bridge presumably expected to carry
non-motorway traffic as the A9000.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)