[Talk-GB] NatWest / RBS Branch closures

Colin Spiller colin at thespillers.org.uk
Fri Dec 1 12:08:19 UTC 2017

Lloyds Banking Group will close some bank branches (listed at
https://www.lloydsbank.com/contact-us/branch-closures.asp ) and
Yorkshire Building Society will close more (listed at
http://www.ybs.co.uk/changes/index.html ).

It's a fairly general problem. Recording the list & annotating the OSM
features sounds a good idea.

Colin

On 01/12/17 11:35, SK53 wrote:
> RBS are planning another massive round of branch closures (a full list
> here
> <http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/01/list-of-natwest-and-rbs-branches-closing-across-the-uk-7123401/>).
>
> I was wondering what the best approach might be to track these:
>
>   * Notes on all relevant branches. We've done this in the past for
>     smaller chains (Netto, American Apparel) and the notes do get
>     closed eventually when someone re-surveys an area. Easier to spot
>     now through phone apps like Vespucci & OSMAnd
>   * Fixmes on the branches. As above, but a little less visible
>   * A wiki page listing branches & their equivalent OSM Id
>   * A umap instance
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Jerry

Colin Spiller