[Talk-GB] Geospatial Commission

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 20:49:01 UTC 2017

Hi Gregory,

The ODI just put the following out - it's a good read:
https://theodi.org/blog/what-will-the-uks-geospatial-commission-look-like

For the OSM UK C.I.C it would be good for us to weigh in with our thoughts
on what a positive direction would look like. For example, how can OSM help
support the Commission in creating a stronger geospatial data
infrastructure for all of the UK? Also, what could the Commission do to
ensure that any data that is opened up can be as useful as possible to the
OSM community and its ecosystem of users and tools?

If anyone would like to help to pull something together in this regard,
please do let me know. We are just 5 members on the OSM UK board - all with
a life outside of OSM - so the more minds the better.

Thanks,
*Rob*