[Talk-GB] Validating the Shell Fuel Stations import

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 00:20:47 UTC 2017

Hi Rob,

My observation from the validation tool is that in OSM we are very
inconsistent as to how we map petrol stations. A consistency check would
make a good quarterly project but shouldn't hold back this work (as you
pointed out).

My own preference is to map the whole (land) area as amenity=fuel and add
the main tags to that. We then can map building=roof and the shop within
this. This way of mapping is similar to what we did for the schools project:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Amenity_school_usage_example.svg

How do others like to map fuel stations?

Best,
*Rob*