[Talk-GB] Open route service update

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Tue Dec 12 21:50:30 UTC 2017

Rob Nickerson wrote:
> A few months ago I spotted an edit where a company employee was
> moving height restriction data from nodes to ways. This in itself is
> not wrong

Absolutely - the restriction is much better tagged on the way. It's a
property of the road just like a speed limit or surface, which we also tag
on the way; and as the 'over' bridge itself is tagged as a way, it seems
anomalous not to tag the 'under' way.

Certainly OSRM doesn't, and can't, parse maxheight on nodes. A quick look
through the Graphhopper source suggests its truck profiles expect way
tagging too, though I'm no Java expert and may have missed something.

Richard

--
Sent from: http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/Great-Britain-f5372682.html