[Talk-GB] Importing Website Data

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 14:09:06 UTC 2017

Because it is nearly always copyright, we don't have permission, and it's
against OSM's T&Cs. Additionally, not every organisation keeps up-to-date,
or even validated data on their websites.

Personally, I'd also be chary of turning OSM into a repository of scraped
data rather than one of surveyed geodata.

Incidentally, Geolytix produce an open data set of retail locations, which
is the data I would use if I was worried about consistency & completeness.

Jerry