[Talk-GB] Mistagging of old telephone boxes

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Sat Dec 23 22:19:57 UTC 2017

On 23/12/17 19:13, Dave F wrote:
> Not an expert, but I'm surprised if that's true. Isn't BY attribution
> the same that OSM asks of map producers?
>
> I note Mapillary are also CC BY-SA

For third party contributors, OSM only attributes a small number, like
the Ordnance Survey.  Third party material generally can't be included
unless the contributor waives the the right to be attributed, or is one
of the privileged few.

For direct contributors, there is no downstream requirement to attribute
them individually, only to attribute "OSM and Contributors".  The BY
requirement requires individual attribution.