[Talk-GB] Importing Shell fuel stations

Mark Goodge mark at good-stuff.co.uk
Fri Dec 29 10:49:58 UTC 2017

On 28/12/2017 22:33, Warin wrote:

> Could the post code be derived from surrounding features?
> I don't know how detailed the post codes there are .. but if features in
> OSM surrounding it were of the same post code (and correct) then they
> could be used to derive the post code?

It will almost certainly share a postcode with at least one neighbouring
property, yes. A filling station is not going to receive enough post to
justify a "large user" postcode. So if it's surrounded by properties
that all have the same postcode, then that's definite enough. But if one
neighbour has one postcode, and a different neighbour has a different
one, then we can't be certain which is correct for this property... :-)

Mark