[Talk-GB] Large swaths of "heath" in Wales?

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 11:22:30 UTC 2017

On 08/02/2017 10:49, Brian Prangle wrote:
>  It would be great in my opinion if we moved on as a community and
> actually decided to act on our discussions.

Well I fixed the northern boundary of the Merthyr "Heath" where it
overlapped with stuff that I was mapping a couple of months ago :)

Seriously, I'd suggest that where people see stuff that's "obviously
wrong" they either just delete it, or if they think there's any benefit
in keeping the geometry, removing the tags and adding notes.  It needs
to be done by people familiar with the area(s) though - I can't really
help with Snowdonia as I haven't been there recently enough.  If people
are unsure, shout up on #osm-gb or here - I bet someone will be able to
help.

If anyone thinks a revert-based approach makes sense for a particular
changeset or series of changesets and is unfamiliar with the tools
available, let me know (with a DWG hat on I've had to become familar
with the various options available).

As an aside, the mapper concerned is blocked again
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user_blocks/1187 for continued failure to
communicate (including lack of replies to repeated questions about crap
mapping).  There's circumstantial evidence that they're actually a new
name for a previous "problem" mapper so please keep an eye open for
broad-brush changes of this type from other user names too.

Best Regards,

Andy