[Talk-GB] Large swaths of "heath" in Wales?

Marco Boeringa marco at boeringa.demon.nl
Wed Feb 8 23:14:23 UTC 2017

Andy, so what is your suggestion right now, do this manually or with
automated tools? Personally, I only did a few reverts using the JOSM
plugin, only reverting an entire changeset, not selectively as you seem
to suggest here. I have no experience with the other tools you mention.

Would the tools you are familiar with allow for a relatively easy
partial revert, only removing the natural=heath features from all the
changesets of these users? This might then be the preferred solution. I
have thought about downloading selections of features of regions via
Overpass, and than use these to inspect the potentially problematic
features in JOSM and delete them there. But if there is a better way,
than that might be the preferred way to go.

Marco

> Andy: Is there any chance the DWG could figure out which company these
> people are working for, so the company could be contacted about this
> specific issue and asked not to add these type of difficult to
> identify natural features?

Ha!  While DWG work sometimes does involve a bit of sleuthing (e.g.
finding the author of a problem app when there's nothing to go on in the
changeset info) I think that you may be overestimating our powers here

> There are so many changesets involved, I guess doing reverts is almost
> impossible, lest one wants to see also more useful stuff being removed
> as well, like roads and large and small patches of forest that I also
> see being part of these changesets.

I'd tend to agree with that, though the perl revert scripts, which can
"not touch things since edited by other mappers" and "undo changes made
by one particular user in particular changesets" might be userful.

---