[Talk-GB] Should a place be tagged with a node or area?

Adam Snape adam.c.snape at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 21:47:31 UTC 2017

Hi,

What is the current consensus about whether to use nodes or areas for
places? I've always used nodes, but I have spotted a few mapped as areas. I
can see the advantage of having an area, but often places don't have clear
boundaries. Sometimes parish/ward boundaries do correspond with the edge of
a place but often they don't. Where the mapper knows the area and can make
a reasonable estimate of the extent of the place, is it beneficial to map
it as an area or is it preferable to stick to nodes?

Kind regards,

Adam