[Talk-GB] London, network=Barclays Cycle Hire

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 12:31:49 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Exactly 1 year ago, Harry pointed out that most of London's bike hire
scheme was still tagged as "Barclays Cycle Hire" even though it's not
called that any more.
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:WikiProject_United_Kingdom_London_Cycle_Hire#Santander_Cycles>

He said: "I think this is a case where (PROPOSAL) we Londoners should
be bold and swap them all over as a single edit."

I concurred back then, and I still do. I invite opinions as to the
best value to put in the network=* tag (see the discussion on the
wiki, for some suggestions). I've pasted at the end of this email, the
current counts of values used.

I'd like to propose carrying out that edit, i.e. a simple edit to the
network=* values listed below, for amenity=bicycle_rental. (Note that
we'd avoid editing other network=* values such as "Brompton Dock",
different scheme.)

Best
Dan

    422     "network": "Barclays Cycle Hire"
      1     "network": "Barclays Cycle Hire Scheme"
      1     "network": "Barkleys Cycle Hire"
      1     "network": "Santander"
     20     "network": "Santander Cycle Hire"
     42     "network": "Santander Cycles"
      1     "network": "TfL"
      1     "network": "TFL"
      3     "network": "TfL Cycle Hire"