[Talk-GB] Brighton water (quarterly project)

Jez Nicholson jez.nicholson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 12:47:48 UTC 2017

Paul - I've been on the sewer tour. It was very interesting, mostly
containing rainwater runoff than poo. We emerged from a manhole on the edge
of the Old Steine to the surprise of pedestrians. And you're right, it does
raise questions on how much of underground could/should be mapped. I think
i'd probably draw the line (no pun intended) at the entrances and exits to
the sewer system.

Brian - Good pointers. Moving on to pumping stations next. I went out to
find the Environment Agency borehole at Ladies Mile which turns out to be
quite nondescript https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzO5DodWIAAUbei.jpg:large it
has its own telegraph pole as I believe they use a dial-up modem for
communication.

I also noticed a pub called The Reservoir whilst doing fhrs:ids. There is a
temporary reservoir nearby hidden between two roads of houses.

- Jez