[Talk-GB] natural=heath

ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 9 12:28:22 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jan 09, 2017 at 11:53:51AM +0000, SK53 wrote:
> Somehow I have been oblivious to the fact that large numbers of polygons
> tagged natural=heath have been added over the past few months to OSM.

I too have encountered at least one armchair mapper who (in my view)
incorrectly tagged large areas of Bodmin moor with this nonsense.
I changed this rubbish in the areas that I have directly surveyed, but
did not think that I should override another mapper who clearly had
spent a lot of effort in adjacent areas without consultation.

I first noticed this problem several months ago: I cannot remember
whether I tried to contact the mapper to ask what was happening.

I have had other instances of armchair mappers adding what I regard as
very dubious landuse tags to areas that I have extensively surveyed.
When I contacted one of the main offenders; I didn't get a very helpful
response.

Anyway, I suspect that this is a problem over large areas.

ael