[Talk-GB] tag prow_ref

David Groom reviews at pacific-rim.net
Mon Jan 9 23:56:51 UTC 2017

Has any one got any instances of any providers of OSM data using the
prow_ref on rendering / routing

I recently pointed out to a mapper that if the reference numbers he was
adding to footpaths were official PROW reference numbers it was
recommended to use the "prow_ref" tag rather than the plain "ref" tag.
He's now amended his entries to prow_ref but is a little disappointed it
doesn't show up on the main map, OsmAnd, or Maps.me.

I have pointed out to him that OSM is mainly a provider of data, not
maps, so not everything is rendered on the man map, but it would be nice
if I could point him in the direction of where it is being used,  other
than my own web site and custom OsmAnd file.

Thanks

David