[Talk-GB] Legible London signs - tagging suggestions

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 17:24:51 UTC 2017

On 10 January 2017 at 15:55, SK53 <sk53.osm at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was going to say that usually we have the atco code in ref for bus stops
> with the more visible stop C in local ref, and thus bus stops aren't the
> perfect example. I certainly wouldn't tell someone to wait at bus stop
> 3390V1 rather than V1.

Ah, that's my misremembering of the nuances of bus stop tagging. But I
don't want to drag this too far off-topic, so suffice to ignore
mentions of bus stops in my previous email.

> I then felt obscurely cheated that the latter local_ref shows up on the
> Transport Map in bus stops in high zooms for London and some city centres,
> but apparently not elsewhere. Is this some magical trade secret or me just
> missing some tagging difference.

It's limited to two characters at the moment, perhaps that's the
problem? If not, feel free to get in touch with an example and I'll
investigate.

Thanks,
Andy