[Talk-GB] Tagging a multilvel building

Will Phillips wp4587 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 12:20:41 UTC 2017

On 12/01/2017 11:25, Mark Goodge wrote:
> OK, I've done that for now. We'll see how it looks when it updates.
>
> On a related note, should a cafe-bar be tagged as a cafe, or a bar?
> There doesn't seem to be an option for cafe-bar, despite this being an
> increasingly popular form of catering outlet!
>
> Mark

There is no rule whether a cafe-bar should be tagged as a cafe or bar.
Personally I tend to have a look inside and use my judgement over which
seems more appropriate. Often these places function more like cafes
during the day or more like bars in the evening, so it can be hard to
decide.

You can't tag an establishment as both using the main amenity tag, but
you could use the secondary tags bar=yes or cafe=yes. This won't affect
the rendering, but does at least record the extra information.

Will