[Talk-GB] Named landuse polygons

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Fri Jan 20 14:35:03 UTC 2017

[May be duplicate as email client crashed on submission.]

On 20/01/17 14:02, Dave F wrote:
> They *reside* in a private back garden.
> They don't in a communal or public park & certainly not in
> nurseries/schools etc.
>
> As I said previously, landuse=residential is being misused to represent
> a suburban area or even whole towns.

I thought that, to avoid the overuse of mutipolygons, which are
difficult for users to understand, and expensive to render, it was
considered OK to place things normally found in residential areas, on
top of the containing area.  Examples are schools, surgeries and parks,
pubs, and isolated corner shops.