[Talk-GB] Shared Public Rights of Way

Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 14:48:30 UTC 2017

On 4 July 2017 at 11:57, Bob Hawkins <bobhawkins at waitrose.com> wrote:
> I should be interested in further comments on prow_ref=Checkendon BR 28;Stoke Row BR 15.

That's the standard way to have multiple values for a key in OSM, and
it is exactly what I use for dual-numbered PRoWs like that.

My Rights of Way progress tool at
http://robert.mathmos.net/osm/prow/progress/ knows about this and will
interpret such prow_ref values correctly. It will also handle
multi-valued designation=* values, for the rare cases where you have
two different sorts of PRoWs on the same route, or (slightly more
commonly) where a PRoW runs along an Unclassified Highway. (The tool
is strict about not having a space after the semi-colon though.)

AFAIK, basic Overpass Turbo queries won't find values that are part of
a multi-valued tag, but you can do a regular-expression-based query to
get around this. For example:
http://overpass-turbo.eu/?w=%22prow_ref%22~%22(^|;)Adderbury+FP+1(;|$)%22+global&R
looks for "Adderbury FP 1" bounded by either semi-colons or the
start/end of the tag string.

Robert.

--
Robert Whittaker