[Talk-GB] Quarterly Project Summer 2017 July-Sept

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 13:37:21 UTC 2017

Yes I was aware of that one!

Addressing DaveF's issue: I find a map of where buses actually go
invaluable and the transport layer can address that. I often have a
scenario when I'm planning to go somewhere where my first decision point is
whether I can use public transport or absolutely need a car.

However when a bus runs more-or-less weekly this information can be
somewhat misleading: for instance I used the Cambridge-Burwell bus to get
close to Wicken Fen last year because the one which runs through Wicken has
a vestigial service.

Another current French initiative is JungleBus, also one of Florian's
projects, and their approach & tools may be helpful.

Jerry