[Talk-GB] museum consisting of house and grounds

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Mon Jul 31 17:16:30 UTC 2017

Hi

I would revert the boundary to tourism=museum & tag the building as
building=museum. I would transfer the data which represents the whole
area to the boundary, such as address & contact details, similar to
schools and hospitals. Wheelchair tags should be on individual entities
as access can vary widely.

I suspect this is a case of tagging incorrectly for the renderer as
tourism=museum on the standard map doesn't have a fill colour. This is
an omission that those in charge of the carto design are reluctant to
amend (see pubs, hotels etc) I maintain their "lack of distinguishable
colours" argument is weak.

An aside point: I wouldn't connect boundaries to centrelines of roads.
If you were to add a gate to represent an entrance to the museum, it
would also be a barrier on the Preston Drove, which, obviously, it
isn't. It can also make it difficult to select in some editors.

DaveF