[Talk-GB] museum consisting of house and grounds

Neil Matthews ndmatthews at plus.net
Mon Jul 31 21:00:40 UTC 2017

On 31/07/2017 21:18, Dave F wrote:
> Hi
>>
>> Follow the wiki and tag the building -- unless the museum exhibits
>> are in the grounds, e.g. https://museum.wales/stfagans/
>>
> Are you referring specifically to the museum wiki page? I suspect this
> has been written by someone who's understanding of a museum is of a
> single building in a large metropolis. Tags which refer to the whole
> museum (addresses etc) should be tagged onto the extreme polygon.

No tagging the entrance with the address is likely to give more precise
routing.

>> Keep the address on the building or one of its entrances.
>>

> What if there are multiple buildings?

Pick the one with the main entrance -- reception /  tourist information
/ ticket booth -- whatever you survey on the ground.
>> Add a relevant landuse -- if required.
> What would you suggest?

Depends on the grounds -- pedestrian, recreation ground, garden, car
park, coach park, etc.

Cheers,
Neil