[Talk-GB] Public Rights of Way in Oxfordshire and Hampshire

Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 10:30:08 UTC 2017

Some of you have have already come across my Public Rights of Way
comparison tool at http://robert.mathmos.net/osm/prow/progress/ which
aims to help mappers trying to complete the mapping of Rights of Way
in their area.

I've recently added data for two additional counties: Oxfordshire and
Hampshire to the tool. The other counties already there are
Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.

Hopefully the tool and how to use it should be fairly
self-explanatory. The basic idea is that it compares official council
data to what's currently in OSM and flags up possible errors and
omissions for manual checking.

I'd like to add data for additional authorities. The constraints here
are my time to actually do the adding, and having the data available
in a suitable format and under a suitable licence. If anyone has any
requests for new counties / unitary authorities, then please let me
know. If you can get the authority to make its PRoW data available
online under the Open Government Licence, then that will save me some
time too.

Best wishes,

Robert.

--