[Talk-GB] Public Rights of Way in Oxfordshire and Hampshire

Pierre Riteau pierre at pierreriteau.name
Tue Jun 27 10:56:39 UTC 2017

Hi Robert,

Thanks a lot for adding Oxfordshire to your comparison tool!

However it reports much lower mapping coverage than I expected. It
appears to be due to a mismatch of prow_ref format. I know that at least
in and around Oxford, most paths have been mapped with a prow_ref based
on the definitive statement in the style of "ParishNumber/PathNumber".
See this bridleway as an example using prow_ref 320/14:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/31871564

The prow_ref Wiki page (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:prow_ref)
suggests using "ParishName PathType PathNumber", such as "Oxford BR 14".
Is that the latest recommendation from the community? You seem to be an
expert on the topic!

I would be happy to move to this format for Oxfordshire if it is also
adopted elsewhere. How long would it take for your comparison tool to
include updated data?

Pierre