[Talk-GB] Uploading pictures to OSM

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 17:57:14 UTC 2017

In the dim & distant past you could do the exact opposite: place osm
identifiers on Flickr: here's a photo of mine with such tags
https://www.flickr.com/photos/sk53_osm/4032609321/.

Unfortunately I dont believe Flickr supports this at all any more. However,
resolving the flickr tags to OSM element IDs is not complex. The advantage
is that you are likely to have multiple photos of the same OSM object, and
placing tags in OSM is unlikely to resolve it.

A single tag of the form flickr:id=  would work to provide a single
reference photo. People have at various times tried to identify with tags
the photos which they used as part of surveys to edit a particular element.
Probably most used these days is mapillary:id= . In the main these are to
help mappers check details of a thing mapped.

Jerry