[Talk-GB] Legally permitted vs inadvisable

Stuart Reynolds stuart at travelinesoutheast.org.uk
Wed Mar 8 11:27:59 UTC 2017

What’s the thinking about tagging foot=no along busy dual carriageways? Specifically I would like to remove a walk from a stretch of the A2 near Barham in Kent where there are bus stops, but no footways along the verge (and indeed very little in the way of verge at some points). It is technically legal to walk along the A2 from the junction to the south, but it is most certainly not advisable and you would be taking your life into your hands if you did so.

BTW, access to the northbound bus stop is via a footpath through the woods. Technically the southbound one is accessed via a footpath across a break in the crash barriers - but we don’t have that on OSM, and I’m not about to add it in.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/26237116#map=18/51.21188/1.16626

Regards,
Stuart Reynolds
for traveline south east & anglia