[Talk-GB] Legally permitted vs inadvisable

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 09:06:29 UTC 2017

On 09/03/2017 06:05, Dudley Ibbett wrote:
> ... I’m not aware of any online map that displays sidewalks.  It would
> certainly be useful if there was one.

Well,
https://map.atownsend.org.uk/maps/map/map.html#zoom=15&lat=53.02012&lon=-1.73005
does on unclassified, tertiary and secondary.  It doesn't on primary and
trunk, which I'm aware was the original question here, because the same
effect (an exaggerated casing, though in a different colour) is used for
both features, though that could of course be changed.  The same
approach could work for verges, though they're not mapped much yet.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/SomeoneElse/diary/38136 has a bit more
detail.

A quick pan around with that will highlight a number of "problematic"
issues (e.g. bridges) - any suggestions how to resolve those gratefully
received.

For completeness, there's also a discussion going on at
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/2568 .

Best Regards,

Andy