[Talk-GB] Public Rights of Way data for Cambridgeshire

Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com
Thu May 11 14:33:07 UTC 2017

On 11 May 2017 at 08:04, John Aldridge <jpsa at cantab.net> wrote:
> On 11-May-17 00:20, Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) wrote:
>> The presence of prow_ref=*
>> tags to allow matching with official data is almost non-existent.)
>
> So what's the best way to fix this?
>
> If I click on your map, it shows me something like
>
>   Teversham FP 3
>   (MS: 0 | ΔL/L: —)
>
> which is a bit cryptic! Is the first line the prow_ref? Should I just copy
> it from there?

Yes, that's exactly right. If you add "prow_ref=Teversham FP 3" to a
way in the parish, and also ensure it's tagged with
designation=public_footpath, then the next time the data is refreshed
it will be counted in the table at
http://robert.mathmos.net/osm/prow/progress/cambs/south-cambs/teversham/
. I've tried to add a bit more detail to the parish pages to make this
clearer now.

(For those who are interested, the second line in the popups contain
the "Mapping Status" (a manual number from 0 to 5 describing how
complete the mapping is thought to be) and the % discrepancy in the
mapped length compared to the official length. Things may make more
sense for a parish that's more complete, e.g.
http://robert.mathmos.net/osm/prow/progress/norfolk/breckland/little-dunham/
)

Robert.

--