[Talk-GB] Proposed Import of UK Shell Filling Stations

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Mon May 15 12:16:31 UTC 2017

On 15 May 2017 at 12:38, SK53 <sk53.osm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Failure to directly contact this list at the same time as imports is
> extremely discourteous.

This supposes that the data importer/ donor is are of this list.

> Changing of source tag is unacceptable for mapper surveyed locations.

The *addition* of a source is surely acceptable?

> Website should only be used if the url identifies the actual location.

I don't think anyone disputes this one.

> My personal preference for this type of thing would not be an import per se,
> but tools which allow mappers to enrich data from such datasets.

This may well be a solution, in this case, which satisfies both
"camps". We have precedence in the addition of cycle-shop data, a few
years back. Wasn't the tool used for that made available subsequently,
as open-source?

However, this solution won't scale well, for things like the recent tree import.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing