[Talk-GB] Landuse Farm

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Fri May 19 14:02:21 UTC 2017

On 19/05/2017 12:22, SK53 wrote:

> We still have a very large number of place=farm, but I suspect these
> are much harder to resolve as many will be former farms which are now
> residential. Many, perhaps the bulk, of these have been added from OS
> OpenStreetView data.

place=farm will be harder to resolve as 'landuse' isn't perceived as a
node tag. Converting nodes to polygons is laborious compared with
tweaking a tag.

IMO these 'clean ups' don't happen often enough. It's not so much a race
'against time' but against errors compounding & gaining authority purely
on quantity (place=farm has almost doubled in the last year). Errors
should be nipped in the bud.

DaveF