[Talk-GB] Public Rights of Way data for Cambridgeshire

John Sturdy jcg.sturdy at gmail.com
Fri May 26 14:56:38 UTC 2017

It's interesting to compare their approach with that of the capital of what
used to be one of the most closed countries: the Municipality of Tirana
(Albania) is now putting (some of) its data online voluntarily, in
co-operation with the local hackerspace.

http://opendata.tirana.al/

They haven't seen the need to provide an English translation of the pages,
but many of the subject area titles are guessable without knowledge of
Albanian, and Google Translate knows Albanian.

I've been working with the Tirana hackerspace in mapping parts of the
country, and when I commented it would be nice to get plans of the
underground Cold War bunker complex that now houses the exhibition
"Bunkart", one phone call was enough to arrange access to the data (not yet
processed, though).