[Talk-GB] Whether to tag/best tag for an unofficial name?

Adam Snape adam.c.snape at gmail.com
Wed May 31 19:50:03 UTC 2017

The replies so far seem to favour altering the tag to alt_name or loc_name.
If there are no more responses I'll go ahead and change it accordingly.

The Mancunian Way is another named motorway. I've just noticed that the
Preston Bypass (part of the M6) is also named in OSM. It is inarguable that
was the name used at the time of the road's opening, but it's seldom
referred to as such these days. Do we think it would be better changed to
old_name or official_name?

Adam