[Talk-GB] The OSM UK map

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 13:25:44 UTC 2017

On 11/02/17 13:02, Dave F wrote:

> It's great pedestrian crossings are rendered, but the icon gets
> swallowed by the road way.

I'd probably need to see an example of that - any chance of a
I've missed something and there's a situation in which they get missed.

> Could the text size in the legend be increased?
That's tricky.  The legend isn't "special", it's just a map, so the text
size for names is exactly what would appear on the main map. The icon
spacing in the POI section of the legend is chosen so that they're not
too far away from each other at high zoom levels, and sometimes you have
to zoom in so that text isn't obscured.  The text size above each POI
could be changed, but any bigger and lots of text wouldn't appear
because of label clashes.  I've tried various sizes and what's currently
there is a compromise between readability and label clashes.

> A link to the main site at the same location so the notes & queries
> features (right hand side) can be easily accessed.

That's probably doable, but it'd probably have to wait until someone
gets a "round tuit" to write the relevant Javascript.  Notes (and
fixmes) should be doable in Leaflet as an extra layer (but that's
another round tuit), and a search option also makes sense here too. I
probably wouldn't want to link to (say) .../relation/50288 because
displaying the location information of that on mobile will likely
overwhelm some mobile browsers, but a page of tags (and a location for
POIs) would be nice.

Best Regards,
Andy