[Talk-GB] Importing Shell fuel stations

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 10:21:20 UTC 2017

On 03/11/2017 09:55, Ilya Zverev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You might remember a few months ago I discussed here importing of Shell fuel stations. The data provider is Navads, which has a contract with Shell for putting their stations on the map. They asked me to proceed with the import and sent an updated list of the stations.

Last time you proposed this it took only a few seconds to identify
problems with the data.  It's the same this time - at least some of the
changes that your map suggests you're proposing to import
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2917373098 are incorrect (address info
in this example).

More serious than address vagueries, what evidence do we have that the
new stations that you're adding actually exist in the locations you
suggest?  Last time there were serious problems where e.g. a Shell
station in a new-build area was allegedly located in the development
office of a building site (presumably the only valid address at the time
of construction), not conflated with it's actual mapped-in-osm location.

> I have prepared an import and would like to do it in a few days.

"a few days" is nowhere near enough time for people to even read this
message.

> Please help me review the data. Here is the updated map:
>
> http://bl.ocks.org/Zverik/raw/ddcfaf2da25a3dfda00a3d93a62f218d/

Perhaps you could provide details of what review _you_ have done?
Presumably you're getting paid to do this, either directly or indirectly
via MAPS.ME's desire to be able to sell advertising based on location.
Why should we do your data validation for you?

Best Regards,

Andy