[Talk-GB] Importing Shell fuel stations

Brian Prangle bprangle at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 12:29:09 UTC 2017

I welcome this initiative from Ilya. We are never going to get a totally
correct data source, and even data originating from human mappers can leave
a lot to be desired.So let's get beyond criticising the acuracy of the data
and start working out how we're going to tackle this  On the whole this
import I believe improves our data coverage - I suspect that in the end
the accuracy will be prove to be in the region of 80-90% - (everything
within a 5 mile radius of me is perfect). . When we imported Naptan data we
added a review tag set to "no", so that as the community verified the data
it could be set to "yes" or just deleted. That would give us a method of
knowing what's accurate and what's not and what's actually been reviewed on
the ground. An overpass query could easily measure progress. It would make
a great quarterly project!

Regards

Brian