[Talk-GB] Importing Shell fuel stations

Steve Doerr doerr.stephen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 14:24:28 UTC 2017

On 03/11/2017 10:59, Ilya Zverev wrote:
> 3 нояб. 2017 г., в 13:21, Andy Townsend <ajt1047 at gmail.com> написал(а):

>> Last time you proposed this it took only a few seconds to identify problems with the data.  It's the same this time - at least some of the changes that your map suggests you're proposing to import http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2917373098 are incorrect (address info in this example).
> How is the address info there incorrect? Did you see the correct address of the building? Googling shows that amenities there are indeed addressed by Markham Lane, just like the Markham Vale, the business centre that contains these.

The postcode (S44 5HB) is certainly wrong. Probably should be S44 5HS.
Euro Garages (operator of the Shell garage we're talking about) is
certainly listed at that postcode, which is Markham Lane, as you say.
(So are 59 other locations.) Strangely, KFC and The Little Castle, on
the same site, have a postcode of S44 5FD, which is Enterprise Way.
Markham Vale as a whole covers about four separate development sites
(subdivided into plots) on both sides of the M1.

In any case, Markham Ln should be expanded to Markham Lane.

addr:housenumber = 29A also looks suspicious, as this development is at
Junction 29A of the M1!

Steve