[Talk-GB] Importing Shell fuel stations

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 14:49:14 UTC 2017

On 03/11/2017 14:24, Steve Doerr wrote:

> The postcode (S44 5HB) is certainly wrong. Probably should be S44 5HS.
> Euro Garages (operator of the Shell garage we're talking about) is
> certainly listed at that postcode, which is Markham Lane, as you say.
> (So are 59 other locations.) Strangely, KFC and The Little Castle, on
> the same site, have a postcode of S44 5FD, which is Enterprise Way.
> Markham Vale as a whole covers about four separate development sites
> (subdivided into plots) on both sides of the M1.

(as I may have said before) I think it's explained by the KFC and Little
Castle (pub) being built after Enterprise Way was built, whereas the
other businesses started to be built before it was complete.

Interestingly, Google have updated their POIs since May (maybe a Google
contributor reads this list...).
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.2433483,-1.3312846,16.5z looks now
mostly correct if you compare it to
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/53.24411/-1.33530 .  Back in May,
most of the POIs were clustered around what is now labelled as "Markham
Vale Environment Centre", which interestingly if you believe
http://www.chesterfield.co.uk/business/conferences/markham-vale-environment-centre/
has a different postcode altogether of S44 5HY.

Best Regards,

Andy