[Talk-GB] Importing Shell fuel stations

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Fri Nov 3 18:45:05 UTC 2017

On 03/11/17 17:51, Ilya Zverev wrote:
> postcodes, should they be removed from the import? Is there a database that I can check these against?

There is a database, but one of OSM UK's big bug bears is that it is not
licensed in a way that allows it to be used for OSM.  About the limit of
what you could do is find wrong postcodes, and then use other means to
correct them.  I think removing a postcode on a mismatch might be too
close to using the data.

I'm, of course, referring to Royal Mail's Postal Address File (PAF).