[Talk-GB] Importing Shell fuel stations

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Mon Nov 6 15:45:38 UTC 2017

On 3 November 2017 at 09:55, Ilya Zverev <ilya at zverev.info> wrote:

> You might remember a few months ago I discussed here importing of Shell fuel stations. The data provider is Navads, which has a contract with Shell for putting their stations on the map. They asked me to proceed with the import and sent an updated list of the stations. I have prepared an import and would like to do it in a few days.
>
> Please help me review the data.

Some years ago, we had a data donation, here in the United Kingdom, of
data on cycle shops. These were imported into a tool which (if memory
serves) enabled users to compare them to existing entries, and import
the data to them if useful, or add new objects if necessary. I recall
that it didn't take long for the UK community to process them.

Can that tool not be repurposed, and thereby avoid the friction that
imports like this seem sadly to cause?