[Talk-GB] Importing Shell fuel stations

Christian Ledermann christian.ledermann at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 16:24:22 UTC 2017

On 6 November 2017 at 15:45, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
> On 3 November 2017 at 09:55, Ilya Zverev <ilya at zverev.info> wrote:
>
>> You might remember a few months ago I discussed here importing of Shell fuel stations. The data provider is Navads, which has a contract with Shell for putting their stations on the map. They asked me to proceed with the import and sent an updated list of the stations. I have prepared an import and would like to do it in a few days.
>>
>> Please help me review the data.
>
> Some years ago, we had a data donation, here in the United Kingdom, of
> data on cycle shops. These were imported into a tool which (if memory
> serves) enabled users to compare them to existing entries, and import
> the data to them if useful, or add new objects if necessary. I recall
> that it didn't take long for the UK community to process them.
>
> Can that tool not be repurposed, and thereby avoid the friction that
> imports like this seem sadly to cause?

there is also https://github.com/cleder/os-opendata-edubase for crowd
import which powers https://schools.mapthe.uk/

Best Regards,

Christian Ledermann

Newark-on-Trent - UK
Mobile : +44 7474997517

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/christianledermann
https://github.com/cleder/

<*)))>{

If you save the living environment, the biodiversity that we have left,
you will also automatically save the physical environment, too. But If
you only save the physical environment, you will ultimately lose both.

1) Don’t drive species to extinction

2) Don’t destroy a habitat that species rely on.

3) Don’t change the climate in ways that will result in the above.

}<(((*>