[Talk-GB] The OSM UK map

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 11:18:30 UTC 2017

On 15/11/2017 07:48, Adam Snape wrote:
> Most map users don't understand the distinction between primary
> (green) and non-primary (red) A-roads so I understand why not all maps
> use it. Since OSM makes this distinction anyway it makes sense to use
> the standard uk green/red colour scheme in the UK map.

I believe that http://www.free-map.org.uk/osmuk/ still has red trunk
roads with a slightly enhanced border.  I made that change because it
was difficult to see trunk roads in woodland etc.  See
https://map.atownsend.org.uk/maps/map/map.html#zoom=15&lat=-24.99256&lon=135.02047
for a map legend.

One change that I believe that Nick has made is to change bridleways
from blue (see
https://map.atownsend.org.uk/maps/map/map.html#zoom=16&lat=-24.99289&lon=135.08475
and
https://map.atownsend.org.uk/maps/map/map.html#zoom=16&lat=51.06398&lon=-0.88857