[Talk-GB] Welsh language map

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 15:24:37 UTC 2017

I heartily agree that both english & welsh names need to be shown side by
side, for this reason can I suggest that when editing names to add a Welsh
name if the existing name is English (London Road for instance) also add a
name:en tag. If we can work just with name:cy & name:en tags in rendering
we can achieve a lot more.

The basic overlay idea works for street & place names (and one can offset
welsh language names in one direction and english names in the opposite
ones. Finding colours which dont create conflicts and legibility issues is
another thing. I'll see if I can fish out an example from my carto
rendering experiments.

Jerry