[Talk-GB] Reception desks

Edward Catmur ecatmur at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 16 12:58:21 UTC 2017

On 16 Nov 2017 01:01, "Warin" <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

A reception desk may not have a reception area?
Think I'd want to know where the desk is so I go there and am directed to
an area or straight on to what I want?

Ah, hadn't thought of that. So would you say that a reception desk is a
staffed information facility while a reception area is more like a waiting
room (though it may have a reception desk within or beside it)?

In which case there would be reason to use both tags when mapping the same
overall facility.

On 16-Nov-17 11:04 AM, Edward Catmur wrote:

On 15 Nov 2017 20:15, "Warin" <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

>From tag info
amenity=reception_desk 121 uses
tourism=reception_desk 3 uses
office=reception_desk 0 uses

There are a few buildings named 'Reception', I think those are not named
but used to indicate where the reception function is.
I have one of these myself.

However:

amenity=reception_area 111 uses