[Talk-GB] Importing Shell fuel stations

Ilya Zverev ilya at zverev.info
Thu Nov 16 20:19:14 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

Thank you Brian for pushing this forward. The ongoing discussion (and
reminders from a NavAds employee) have made me start developing the
auditing tool for imported data. Hopefully next week I'll give you all a
link where you can check every imported object one by one, and alter the
data.

Harry's visualisation was merged into my map. Alas, colours there do not
work as you think they do: blue means modified existing objects, green —
new nodes to be added to OSM. Tracking the progress with the
visualization would be complicated, since we don't have any means to
store your verdicts on each point.

As for the questions about license and location quality, I answered
these in May:

https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-gb/2017-May/020216.html

Robert, I don't have official branch numbers from Shell. Identifiers
that are being added in "ref:navads_shell" will be used for updating the
data, to skip the matching step.

Thanks,
Ilya