[Talk-GB] Importing Shell fuel stations

Andrew Black andrewdblack at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 17 04:26:10 UTC 2017

On 17 Nov 2017 04:14, "Andrew Black" <andrewdblack at googlemail.com> wrote:

"  I believe we need to be very clear about the licencing. All we have is
Ilya's word (and I don't dispute it but it is hardly verifiable) that Shell
has instructed a third party to map its petrol stations on various
platforms using a dataset it supplied'

Agree

I think we need assurance from Shell's legal department (or ay least
management we believe to be reasonably aware of licencing issues.)

An analogy....  I was  once in a confused situation when I was volunteering
for org A.  An employee org B (sponsoring the project) said org C had said
it was ok to do print extracts their maps.  I suspect they had permission
to publish certain extract on website.  Org A printed extracts with no
attribution.As a volunteer my concerns were ignored.

Chinese whispers (is there a better phrase) are common in large
organisations.

I realise my example is a bit abstract but I don't want to break confidence.