[Talk-GB] Importing Shell fuel stations

Ilya Zverev ilya at zverev.info
Fri Nov 17 08:41:40 UTC 2017

I see that not all questions were resolved in May.

Regarding the license: NavAds are authorized to upload all Shell fuel stations to any maps. They are paid to do that. You can find Shell, among others, in their partners directory: https://navads.eu/industries/

NavAds have also signed the contract with us, that includes these words (MY.COM is our parent company):

--
Supplier grants MY.COM B.V. a worldwide, transferable, irrevocable and perpetual right to use, copy, modify, process, compile, archive, incorporate, display, distribute and/or use, in any way MY.COM B.V. sees fit at its sole discretion, any or all portions of the Supplier Content, distributed to MY.COM B.V. through any means, in combination with any products or services developed by or for MY.COM B.V..

If any Supplier Content will be provided as dynamic or real-time data through an application programming interface (“API”). Supplier grants MY.COM B.V. a transferable license to integrate the API within MY.COM B.V.’s internal systems in order to enable access to, and use of, the API for the delivery of Supplier Content.

* By submitting Listings to MY.COM B.V., SUPPLIER grants MY.COM B.V. the right to publish, amend, make available to the public the Listings subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.

* MY.COM provides Navads access to an OSM importing account during the length of contract term to upload data to the OSM platform.
--

Regarding the source for coordinates: I do not have that in writing, but during one of the calls they explained that they get a list of addresses, then geocode them and cross-check using multiple sources, including Google, Bing and OSM, and then manually correct each location using various satellite imagery. From location accuracy it's pretty obvious that there was more than just geocoding.

Ilya